The doctoral programme in telecommunication technologies and computational engineering is comprised of the following lines of research:
|Number||Lines of research||Human resources|
|1||Telecommunication technologies||Doctors associated with line 1|
|2||Intelligent systems and numerical applications in engineering||Doctors associated with line 2|
Line 1: Telecommunication technologies
A set of research and technological solutions for application to telecommunication engineering and general to ICT are grouped under the heading of research in telecommunication technology. This research line is related to engineering but prior technological level. These technologies are focused on the vision of systems in the field of information and communication technologies. The vision of the system involves the development and integration of the hardware and the software and the formulation of solutions from the mathematical point of view to executable applications in devices and systems, through the formulation of the corresponding algorithms and their implementation. Telecommunication hardware systems referred to in these lines include component design level in microelectronics and Microsystems MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS), the level of circuits and subsystems and modules, as:
- Research program on microelectronics and telecommunication circuits.
- Research program on design of integrated systems.
- Research program on Microelectromechanical systems.
- Research program on Mathematics, graphics and computing.
- Research program on Information technology.
- Research program on Equipment and communication low rate systems of sensors and actuators.
Line 2: Computational Engineering: Intelligent systems and numerical applications in engineering
Its goals involve the design, development and application of computer systems in the solution of problems in engineering and science. These systems include not only the numerical algorithms and the required software for the solution of problems but also the tools and techniques based on the use of Artificial Intelligence for the design and construction of integrated smart systems that respond to these problems. This concept also includes the methods of analysis and interpretation of data, including the required scientific instrumentation techniques. Under this background, the following active lines of research can be identified:
- Research program on Generation, adaptation and optimization of mesh.
- Research program on Modeling and simulation of phenomena of propagation of waves in continuous media.
- Research program on Thermal engineering and Instrumentation.
- Research program on Advanced evolutionary computation and applications to complex problems of engineering techniques.
- Research program on Systems Interfaces, Percept-Efectores intelligence and perceptual user Perceptual.
- Research program on Intelligent systems applied to energy networks (Smartgrid).